Accountant (full-time) – Hong Kong
Posting Date: 7 January, 2019
Halo Creative & Design are looking for an Accountant to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager of Accounting and Control, the successful candidate will manage full set of accounting, audit and budget related tasks related to the Company’s restaurant and retail galleries.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and we will reopen again if required. We regret to note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we review your application.
We request that you note the requirements listed below before submitting the application.
- University degree in Finance and/or Accounting preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting, with experience in MNC highly preferred
- Experience in full books closing for Retail business highly preferred
- Excellent oral and written English, Mandarin would be a plus
- Advanced levels of Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
- Hands on experience with ERP system
- Customer focused attitude and strong communication skills
- Fully responsible for all daily financial transactions for the F&B and Furniture Retail Galleries in Hong Kong (including furniture wholesale business) including cash and bank, AR, AP, sales reconciliation, sales commission calculations etc.
- Fully responsible for month end closing and preparation of financial statements (including P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow statement) for F&B and Furniture Retail Galleries in Hong Kong (including furniture wholesale business). This include all month end closing reconciliation, adjustment, provision, monthly payroll, stock take, and balance sheet breakdown
- Fully responsible for daily AR settlement and monthly AR aging report for the Group. Work closely with Sales and OM team to ensure on time collection of Group AR
- Assist Finance Manager in setting up accounting and control procedures and process for F&B and Retail, e.g. cash handling policies, purchasing and receiving flow, stock take process and procedures etc.
- Responsible for year-end audit, tax, and other statutory requirements
- Closely working with F&B and retail team to ensure daily smooth operations and execute controls as per SOP
- Liaise with internal business counterparts (Sales, Operations, and Finance team in China) to perform his/her daily roles
- Assist in budgeting and forecast
- Self-motivated, accountable, well organized, able to work independently and under pressure with tight schedule
- Good team dynamic, outgoing, integrity and strong sense of responsibility
- High energy levels and a can-do mentality
- Ability to plan own time well to maximise effectiveness.
- Thorough and meticulous with attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks efficiently
- Ability to influence and persuade in order to achieve goals
- A desire to succeed
- Other required attributes: Flexibility, Patience, Assertion, Integrity, Approachability, Discretion, Loyalty, Team player